The BEST Full English Vegan Breakfast (Healthy Vegetarian Fry Up)
Easy vegan full English breakfast with tomatoes, tofu, sausages, chickpea & veggies.
2 Small pans
ENGLISH VEGAN BREAKFAST
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 6 veggie sausages
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes or 3 large tomatoes
- 2 cups kale
- 1 can baked beans in tomato sauce I used the reduced salt version
- Chickpeas seasoning: salt, black pepper, paprika, garlic powder (½ teaspoon each)
- 1 block tofu I used firm silken tofu
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon paprika powder
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast optional
- ½ teaspoon sea salt or to taste
ENGLISH VEGAN BREAKFAST
Preheat oven to 180°C / 356°F (fan oven).
In the meantime, drain the chickpeas and place them in a large bowl. Drizzle chickpeas with oil & seasoning (salt, pepper, paprika, garlic).
Place sausages, chickpeas and cherry tomatoes on a baking tray. Season tomatoes with salt, black pepper and a tiny drizzle of olive oil (optional). Place in the oven for 15 minutes*.
In the meantime, place kale in a small pan with slightly salted boiling water. Boil for 2 to 3 minutes. Drain the water and cover kale with a lid to keep warm.
In a separate pan warm up your baked beans in tomato sauce. You could also warm them up in the microwave (see instructions on your beans tin).
Cut tofu into cubes or crumble it up in your hands.
Add tofu to a hot (preferably non-stick) pan. You can use 1 teaspoon of oil, but it's not necessary.
Stir the tofu and add all the seasoning (garlic powder, black pepper, turmeric, paprika, sea salt, nutritional yeast).
Keep frying gently until all the small pools of liquid are gone. There should be no visible liquid in the end.
Once the tofu is slightly crispy on the outside, remove from heat.
- This is a SUPER easy recipe, but make sure you plan your cooking well.
- Prepare and measure out all your ingredients before your first step.
- Get out a baking tray, frying pan & saucepan too.
- Turmeric can have a slightly bitter aftertaste - if you're not a fan, use less or avoid altogether
- Adjust other seasoning to taste too - especially salt.
- Sprinkle tofu scramble with black salt before serving (optional)
- To make sure you can serve it all at the same time, keep kale/beans/scramble warm by placing a lid over them.
- To make this breakfast gluten-free, choose gluten-free veggie sausages.
Calories: 454kcal | Carbohydrates: 64g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 19mg | Sodium: 1524mg | Potassium: 1234mg | Fiber: 17g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 4871IU | Vitamin C: 70mg | Calcium: 382mg | Iron: 8mg