Almond Milk Crepes
Paper-thin, super easy and quick almond milk crepes you can't mess up!
Servings 6 crepes
Measuring cups or scales
- 150 g plain white flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tbsp sugar
- 300 ml almond milk unsweetened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1½ tbsp light olive oil for oiling the pan
First, whisk together all your dry ingredients (flour, salt, sugar) in a medium-sized bowl.
In a separate cup, mix almond milk and vanilla extract.
Pour your wet mixture over your dry mixture and mix well.
Grease a non-stick pan with oil and heat it up on medium high heat (7 or 8). Use approx. ¼ tsp of oil per crepe.
Pour in ¼ cup of your crepe mixture and immediately swirl around to coat the base evenly.
Cook for approximately 60 seconds on each side (the first few might take a little longer).
Once your first crepe is cooked, grease the pan again and repeat the process.
When you've used up all your batter and cooked all the crepes, top off with toppings of your choice (serving suggestions above).
- Don't be tempted to use (vegan) butter to grease your pan. Doing so will make your crepe burn much faster.
- The moment you start pouring in the batter, make sure to tilt the pan immediately to swirl the batter around.
- If you notice the crepe burning, immediately turn down the heat.
- Don't worry if the first couple of crepes turn out a little bit less perfect - that's completely normal.
- Store refrigerated in an airtight container for between 2 and 3 days.
Calories: 135kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 163mg | Potassium: 27mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Calcium: 64mg | Iron: 1mg