Easy Vegan Mug Brownie
This 2-minute vegan brownie is so easy to make and rich in intense chocolate flavour.
Fork or whisk
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp sugar I used light brown muscovado sugar
- 2 tbsp plain white flour
- A pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp oil like light olive oil or sunflower oil
- 3 tbsp milk
- 20 g dark chocolate
Add all your dry ingredients (cocoa, sugar, flour, salt) to a mug and mix.
Add all your wet ingredients to the mug and mix well.
Then add 10g of finely chopped chocolate and mix it through the batter.
Last, add 10g of finely chopped chocolate on top (don’t mix).
Place in the microwave for 1 minute (700 watts).
Remove from the microwave and enjoy whilst stil hot.
- Your brownie batter won't fill your mug all the way to the top. In fact, once you've removed it from the microwave it will only fill up about half of a regular sized mug
- Don't forget the salt. Just a tiny pinch of salt can help bring out the strong and rich chocolatey flavour.
- Serve straight out of the microwave and eat whilst still warm.
- You can make this recipe slightly lighter by adjusting the portion of chocolate used from 20 to 10g.
- Substitute regular plain flour for plain gluten-free flour to make this recipe gluten free.
Calories: 396kcal | Carbohydrates: 41g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Sodium: 26mg | Potassium: 367mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 73IU | Calcium: 79mg | Iron: 5mg