Blueberry Gin Cocktail
Easy, refreshing blueberry gin cocktail with no added sugar and simple ingredients.
- 170 g blueberries
- 210 ml water
- ¼ lime juice only
- 200 ml tonic water
- 60 ml gin
- ice cubes
Add blueberries, lime juice and water to a small cooking pan.
Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes until much of the water has evaporated. This will create a blueberry syrup.
Press the blueberry syrup through a sieve into a large glass. Set aside.
Add ice cubes to your cocktail glasses.
Then add tonic water and gin.
Finish by pouring in your blueberry syrup.
Top off with lime slices and lime zest if desired.
- Feel free to swap lime for lemon or orange if preferred.
- Adjust the alcohol level to taste. Or, leave it out altogether to make a delicious mocktail.
- If you're hosting a party, make the blueberry syrup ahead. This way you will have less work on the day of the party.
- Don't discard the leftover blueberries. Place in an airtight container and use in porridge, smoothies, bakes, cakes, etc.
- Use any gin that you like.
- Don't substitute tonic water for soda water.
Calories: 75kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 10mg | Potassium: 190mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 46IU | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 5mg | Iron: 1mg