Vegan Soft Silken Tofu 'Egg' Scramble
A healthy vegan soft tofu scramble made in 15 minutes using silken tofu and simple seasoning. The perfect egg scramble alternative!
- 12 oz silken tofu equals 300g (1 block of tofu)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp paprika powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast optional
- 1 sprinkle black salt optional
Cut tofu into cubes or crumble it up in your hands.
Add tofu to a hot (preferably non-stick) pan. No need to use oil, but feel free to do so.
Keep the pan on medium-high heat. Stir the tofu and add all the seasoning (garlic powder, black pepper, turmeric, paprika, sea salt, nutritional yeast) - leave black salt until the end!
Keep frying gently until all the small pools of liquid are gone. There should be no visible liquid in the end.
Once the tofu is slightly crispy on the outside, remove from heat.
Sprinkle with black salt before serving.
- Cut your tofu into larger pieces or crumble it in your hands - this is entirely up to you depending on whether you want larger chunks or small bits.
- Tip 1 - When frying tofu, make sure NO pools of liquid remain. You want all the liquid to evaporate.
- Tip 2- If you're not using a non-stick pan I recommend adding ½ tbsp of oil before adding tofu.
- Tip 3 - Turmeric can have a slightly bitter aftertaste - if you're not a fan, use less or avoid altogether.
- Adjust - Don’t forget to adjust other seasoning to taste too - especially the salt levels.
- To serve - Sprinkle black salt on top of your tofu at the very end, straight before serving. Cooking black salt can reduce its flavour
Calories: 117kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 785mg | Potassium: 430mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 249IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 59mg | Iron: 2mg