Mango Jelly Dessert - 5 Easy Ingredients
Silky smooth, refreshing mango jelly that tastes like summer in a cup!
Blender or food processor
Fine-mesh sieve (optional)
3x Small pot / ramekin for serving
A medium-sized pan
- 16 oz mango about 3 mangos
- 1 teaspoon agar powder
- 2 tablespoon coconut water
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
Peel and cut mango.
Add mango to a blender or food processor. Blend until a smooth mango puree is formed.
In a small pot dissolve agar powder in coconut water.
Transfer the puree to a frying pan/saucepan. Add lemon juice, sugar & the dissolved agar powder. Heat up the mango mixture on medium heat until bubbling.
Remove from heat and transfer to serving pots. Let rest at room temperature for 30 minutes, then cover & refrigerate for 2 hours (or until set).
Serve with toppings of your choice.
TO SERVE - Best served cold with toppings of your choice (mango, coconut, tapioca pearls).
TO STORE - Store in an airtight container for up to 3-4 days.
- For best results, pour your mixture through a fine mesh sieve before adding it to the serving pots. This will remove any leftover stringy bits.
- You can use frozen and canned mangoes too.
- If you prefer a firmer jelly add more agar powder (and vice versa).
- Instead of serving it in little pots, you can also pour it into fun-shaped molds!
- If you don't have pots or molds, pour the mixture into an ice cube tray, muffin tray, donut tray, or just a loaf pan.
Calories: 110kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 0.2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0.2g | Sodium: 13mg | Potassium: 295mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 25g | Vitamin A: 1637IU | Vitamin C: 59mg | Calcium: 23mg | Iron: 0.3mg