Hi, friend! My name is Tajda (pronounced tide-ah, call me Ty).
I’m a food photographer and recipe developer based in Manchester, UK.
“BUT I WANT TO DO SOMETHING CREATIVE”
I said in a distressed voice to a career counsellor when I was 17. I had just applied to study Sociology at University of Ljubljana (Slovenia) and was having major career anxieties before even beginning my course.
Was I making the right decision?
Fast-forward 5 years and I’ve finished my Master’s degree with honours but never ended up working in my field of study. Instead, I moved to The Netherlands, only to move to the UK 5 months later with little to no idea where my career was going.
But oh boy. My early twenties were crucial for my future career. My Uni course offered limited creativity so I used my spare time to pursue all my ‘jobbies’ – hobbies that would turn into jobs. I helped my mum set up an online sustainable clothing shop, started working in social media & marketing, and later became a freelance writer.
Little did I know that all of these would one day combine to help me launch a blog and a career in photography. Finally, it felt like I wasn’t letting down my creative side.
AS A FOOD PHOTOGRAPHER …
… I’ve been spotlighted by the #1 US plantbased magazine Thrive and featured by Best of Vegan, FeedFeed, Daily Vegan and many others.
I worked to create recipes and food photography for dozens of UK and international brands including Panasonic, Livia’s, Tala, Good Hemp, Coconuts Organic, MadeGood Foods, Equinox Kombucha and many more.
GET INSPIRED BY SOME OF MY ALL-TIME FAVOURITE RECIPES ON THE BLOG:
- My crowd-pleasing vegan shortbread cookies
- One of my favourite creamy pasta recipes
- The healthy and hip plant based smoothies
- The ultimate, beginner-friendly shortbread cookies with chocolate
- My lazy gal favourite vegan bliss balls
- The super foamy, barista style oat milk latte
- My healthy and vegan spin on traditional scrambled eggs
If you’re dying to hear more, here are 5 things you might not know about me.
- I trained competitive gymnastics for over 10 years.
- During my studies I lived in 4 different countries (Slovenia, Czech Republic, The Netherlands and UK).
- I turned vegetarian when I was 16, inspired by Paul McCartney (I was a huge Beatlemaniac).
- I absolutely cannot stomach mushrooms.
- It’s been my dream to live in the UK since my early teens.
Still here? Let’s connect! Reach out to me on Instagram or sign up to my newsletter below and receive all my recipes straight to your inbox!
Hey, let’s stay in touch?
Don’t forget you can grab a free vegan booklet containing 90 VEGAN MEAL IDEAS below.