Vegan Red Pepper Pasta
Super creamy red pepper pasta to satisfy all your cravings.
- 680 g grilled red peppers (this is the equivalent of 400g of roasted red peppers once drained)
- A pinch salt
- A pinch black pepper optional
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1½ tbsp peanut butter use peanut butter containing only 100% peanut (no added salt, oil or sugar)
- ½ cup plant milk unsweetened
- 360 g wholewheat pasta
- 10 leaves basil or other herb like parsley or chives
Grab your favourite roasted red peppers in a jar. Rinse with tap water, drain the oil (or save the oil for later if desired) and add peppers to a medium-sized pan.
Then add salt, black pepper (optional), garlic powder, nutritional yeast, peanut butter and plant milk.
Use a hand mixer to mix all the ingredients until smooth.
In the meantime, bring water to a boil and cook your favourite pasta according to instructions on the packet.
Once your sauce is smooth, it’s time to heat it up.
Let the sauce come to a gentle boil (this should take no more than 5 minutes) to reduce it slightly and then remove from heat.
Pour the sauce over your cooked pasta. Mix well and serve with chopped fresh basil (or other herbs).
- Always use smooth peanut butter with no added salt, oil or sugar.
- Make this gluten free or low carb by serving with your favourite gluten free pasta or veg-based pasta.
- When serving, make sure to crunch up the basil in your hands or chop it thinly to help release all the flavour.
- Extra delicious when served with roasted pine nuts.
Calories: 555kcal | Carbohydrates: 108g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 98mg | Potassium: 921mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 7097IU | Vitamin C: 289mg | Calcium: 114mg | Iron: 6mg