Rose Hot Chocolate
Super easy, gently sweet, smooth & satisfying rose hot chocolate.
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tsp sugar I used dark muscovado sugar
- 4 tbsp plant milk I used oat milk
- 480 ml plant milk
- 6 tsp rose water
Combine cocoa and sugar in a mug.
Stir well, then slowly add 2 tbsp of milk for each portion you're making. Grab a small fork or whisk and stir vigorously to create a smooth paste.
Pour the remaining milk over your paste. Mix well using a fork or a spoon.
Transfer to a pan and add rose water. Heat on medium heat for about 4-5 minutes until you can see steam rising from your pan.
Optional: if you want your hot chocolate to be extra bubbly, use an electric milk frother to froth it up.
Serve in a mug with all your favourite toppings such as mini marshmallows or whipped coconut cream.
- Feel free to use any type of sugar you like best (such as coconut sugar, white sugar, dark, or light muscovado sugar).
- Want a no sugar variation? Use stevia instead of sugar. Remember to lower the amount of stevia in the recipe (1 tsp of sugar equals about 1 big pinch of stevia).
- When heating up your hot chocolate, stay alert to avoid burning it.
- As long as you've used milk that doesn't contain gluten (such as almond, soy, coconut, etc) this recipe is gluten-free.
Calories: 70kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 353mg | Potassium: 114mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Calcium: 334mg | Iron: 1mg