Best Matcha Green Tea Vanilla Protein Shake (Vegan)
My matcha green tea protein shake with portions of fruit and veg. Bright green, vibrant, and packed with nutrients.
- 1 cup plant milk unsweetened
- 1 frozen banana sliced
- 1 apple cubed, I used a Pink Lady apple
- 2 tbsp natural peanut butter
- 2,5 tsp lemon juice
- ½ cup fresh baby spinach tightly packed
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- ½ tsp matcha powder
- ice cubes optional
First, pour plant milk into your blender.
Then add the rest of the ingredients, starting with lighter ingredients first. Add heavier ingredients last.
Blend on high speed for 2-3 minutes until completely smooth.
Serve in your favourite glass. Add ice and a sprinkle of matcha on top if desired
- Both cups and grams measurements are available - make sure to click on either US Cups or Metric under the ingredients list depending on what you're using.
- 1 scoop of protein powder usually equals approx. ⅛ cup.
- Tip 1: Some protein powder can become clumpy. To avoid that, simply sift it into your blender.
- Tip 2: To make it thicker, add less milk or more banana. Using frozen instead of room temperature bananas will also help make it thicker.
- Tip 3: Avoid drinking in the evenings as matcha contains a lot of caffeine.
- Tip 4: If you don't have vanilla protein powder, use whatever you have on hand and add a teaspoon of vanilla extract.
Calories: 278kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 10mg | Sodium: 292mg | Potassium: 536mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 1115IU | Vitamin C: 15mg | Calcium: 224mg | Iron: 2mg