Satisfy your pizza craving with this low carb tortilla pizza! It features a simple pizza sauce and is finger-licking good!
Topped off with Italian seasoning, this easy recipe is the BEST part of your next pizza night while remaining low-carb and SUPER simple to make.
Suitable for a low-carb keto diet & vegans.
💌 Why I Adore This Recipe
- Simple ingredients
- An irreisistible Italian marinara sauce
- No pizza pan or fancy equipment is needed
- The perfect way to enjoy a whole pizza
- A feel-good recipe for the whole family
- Add your own favorite pizza toppings if desired
Whatever your reason for choosing a low-carb, this crispy tortilla pizza gives you all the comfort food feelings of traditional pizza with only a fraction of carbs!
You'll need just a few ingredients to make this satisfying low-carb tortilla pizza.
Low-carb Tortillas - These will work as our pizza base. You can find them in almost every large grocery store or supermarket. They're sometimes called keto tortillas or 'lite' wraps. In the UK and the US, they're also available on Amazon.
Tomato sauce - I made mine by mixing tomato puree* with some salt & Italian herbs. Store-bought tomato sauce is often loaded with sugar, which will increase the carb content.
Garlic powder & Italian seasoning - Add another flavor burst and maximize that feel-food pizza effect. Use any Italian seasoning mix you like (it usually contains parsley, oregano, basil, thyme, etc.). You can also add some salt & pepper here (to taste).
Shredded mozzarella cheese - I used a vegan mozzarella alternative, but you can use any cheese you like most.
Fresh basil - this fragrant topping takes it to the next level.
*Remember that tomato puree is NOT the same as tomato paste. Tomato puree is simply just blended tomatoes, whereas tomato paste is much more concentrated & thicker.
Don't forget! These topping suggestions are just my standard go-to choices but feel free to add your own toppings of choice.
- Lined baking sheet
- Small bowl
- Pizza cutter (or knife & fork if you prefer)
You can enjoy this low-carb tortilla pizza today by following these 6 simple steps.
Remember - find the FULL recipe with exact ingredients in the recipe card at the bottom of this page.
Step 1 - Add garlic & Italian herbs to your tomato puree.
Step 2 - Mix until combined.
Step 3 - Line a large baking sheet with baking (parchment) paper. Add tomato sauce in the middle.
Step 4 - Use the back of a spoon to spread the sauce gently & evenly across the tortilla.
Step 5 - Add cheese. Bake in a preheated oven at 350F (180C) for 10-12 minutes.
Step 6 - Sprinkle with fresh basil & enjoy.
I like adding a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil when serving my low carb pizza.
You can also add a little parmesan cheese for some extra saltiness (I used dairy-free parmesan from GreenVie).
Tip! Remember that every single oven works a little differently. Set a timer for about 8 minutes, and then keep checking the pizza at regular intervals. Yours might need a little longer or shorter to reach a crispy crust, depending on your oven.
💡 Pro Tips
- Remember that this pizza base is SUPER thin and burns faster than regular pizza crust.
- You can spray or brush the tortillas with oil before adding other toppings.
- Load up on veggies: they add flavor & nutrients without adding many carbs.
- You can turn it into a white pizza by skipping the tomato sauce and replacing it with oil & garlic.
- Experiment with herbs & spices: Bring out all your favorite pizza flavors like oregano, thyme, basil, parsley, etc.
- Add some jalapeños or sprinkle it with red pepper flakes for a spicy kick.
Extra tip - Mind the Moisture: Pat dry any vegetables that release moisture (like mushrooms, eggplants, courgette & tomatoes) before placing them on the pizza to avoid a soggy crust.
While regular tortillas will work, using low-carb alternatives will reduce your carb intake significantly.
No, there's no need for that. Simply open the packaging, add the toppings, and place it straight in the oven. I tried both methods, and the difference was minimal.
This depends on the wraps you are using. See the nutritional information in my recipe card for an estimate.
The options are practically endless. If you like veggies, try onions, bell peppers, spinach, zucchini, eggplant, or olives.
You'll know when it's ready when the cheese is melted and bubbly and the edges are golden and crispy. Remember that if you're using a vegan cheese alternative, it will melt differently than regular cheese.
First, let the pizza cool down completely. Slice it and place the slices in an airtight container.
This will keep in the fridge for about 2-3 days. You can enjoy it cold or warm it up thoroughly before serving it again.
🍹 More Low Carb Meals
- Wilted Spinach Salad (11g carbs per portion)
- Soft Tofu Scramble (9g carbs per portion)
- Mango Habanero Salsa (10g carbs per portion)
Got questions about making this low-carb tortilla pizza? I'm always happy to help you out in the comments section below. There's no such thing as a silly question, so go ahead and ask whatever you want.
Have you tried out this low-carb tortilla pizza? Please consider leaving feedback (star rating) or comment below. Your comments help other readers get more feedback about the recipe and help new faces find this blog!
Quick & Easy Low-Carb Tortilla Pizza (Thin Crust Pizza)
- Lined baking sheet
- Small bowl
- Pizza Cutter
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 4 tablespoon tomato puree
- 1 low-carb tortilla
- ¼ cup (30 g) shredded cheese I used vegan mozzarella
- 4-5 leaves fresh basil
- In a small bowl, make your tomato sauce by adding garlic powder & Italian herbs to the tomato puree. You can also add some salt & pepper here (to taste). Mix until combined.4 tablespoon tomato puree, ½ teaspoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Line a large baking sheet with baking (parchment) paper. Add tomato sauce in the center of your tortilla.1 low-carb tortilla
- Use the back of a spoon to spread the sauce gently & evenly across the tortilla.
- Add cheese. Bake in a preheated oven at 350F (180C) for 10-12 minutes.¼ cup shredded cheese
- Sprinkle with fresh basil & enjoy.4-5 leaves fresh basil
Disclaimer: The nutritional information above is calculated automatically. The author of this post cannot guarantee 100% accuracy of this data.