This vegan peanut butter chocolate milkshake is the stuff of your dreams. Bubbly, refreshing, creamy and ready in no time. Let's meet the perfect dairy-free milkshake option for allergy sufferers or vegans in need of an indulgent treat!
This peanut butter chocolate milkshake is
- super bubbly
- deliciously creamy
- the perfect compromise between thick and runny
- simply divine!
Above all, it’s the easiest dairy-free dessert and handy to have in your recipe book no matter what the occasion. Here are some ways you can serve this vegan peanut butter chocolate milkshake:
- The kids will love it! Plus, they won’t be able to tell it’s not made from ‘real’ ice cream. A great way to get your young kids or relatives excited about vegan food!
- Organising a movie night? Prep this one ahead and serve it chilled. Add a scoop of ice cream just before sitting down to enjoy your favourite vegan documentary *wink wink* (... or just a good old Harry Potter marathon)
- Summer weekends just call for it. I find chocolate desserts to be a little less popular during the summer heat. However, this vegan peanut butter chocolate milkshake will manage to satisfy your chocolate cravings while also keeping you cool!
Vegan Shake - My Dream Ingredients
Peanut butter and chocolate is the ingredient combination of all my dreams. Some of my most-read recipes contain these two star ingredients:
- Peanut butter & chocolate brownies (the single most popular recipe here!)
- Peanut butter & chocolate cupcakes (you’re seriously missing out of you haven’t tried these yet)
- 3-Ingredient Vegan Chocolate Truffles (the ultimate bliss balls that are healthy and keep my energised for hours)
Whereas I'm not fussy when it comes to chocolate, I'm a bit snobby with peanut butter. My favourite is the classic Meridian one. Moreover, I always go for the ones that contain no added salt, sugar or oil. Fun fact? I even served this vegan milkshake in an empty Meridian peanut butter jar (see photos). If you're looking for a fancier way to serve your vegan shake, I recommend the standard Mason Jars. Or these out-of-this-world gorgeous tall milkshake glasses. I've seen my ultimate photography crush and Foodtography School teacher Sarah Fennel from Broma Bakery use these and just fell in love!
The Bubbliest Vegan Peanut Butter Chocolate Milkshake
Let’s be honest, this isn’t a recipe that promotes all the health benefits of a plant-based diet. As much as I love creating healthy dishes such as my signature quinoa salad or sesame grilled asparagus, it was time to return to my ultimate love – chocolate. Moreover, I wanted to create the bubbliest vegan milkshake recipe you’ve ever tried. It combines two elements to make sure it remains bubbly while staying rich and creamy - ice cream and bananas.
Every Great Vegan Milkshake Needs
- Ice cream: don’t let it melt too much, simply just scoop it our of the tub and throw it straight into the blender. Adding ice cream to your vegan shake is a great way to get the right texture and add a subtly sweet flavour.
- Ripe banana: to add a rich texture and thickness. They're great for making vegan shakes, but also so much more. Think smoothies, cakes and bakes - bananas are always there to add the right texture. Not a fan of banana? Don’t worry, the richness of peanut butter and chocolate will completely overpower the flavour of banana.
PRO TIP: be generous when topping off this gorgeous vegan milkshake. Simply sprinkle it with cacao nibs (or just grate some chocolate instead) and desiccated coconut. Then, make sure to drizzle it with a rich layer or peanut butter, too! In case you find your peanut butter to be too stiff, mix it with half a teaspoon of olive oil to make it drizzleable (I just made up this word). You might also want to chop up some peanuts to add a good crunch!
All in all, you need to taste it to believe it, so get your blenders ready! Let's shake up the best vegan peanut butter chocolate milkshake.
Vegan Peanut Butter Chocolate Milkshake
- 400 ml almond milk unsweetened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ⅛ cup peanut butter I used 100% peanut butter by Meridian
- 1 tsp cacao powder
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 cups dairy-free vanilla ice cream
- 2 tbsp brown sugar optional – leave out if you prefer a less sweet version
- 1 banana ripe, chilled but not frozen
- 2 scoops dairy-free vanilla ice cream, 1 tsp desiccated coconut, 1 tsp cocoa nibs, 1 tsp peanut butter OPTIONAL TOPPINGS
- Add all your ingredients (except toppings) to your blender.
- Blend at high speed for 2 minutes.
- Add a scoop of ice cream to each jar and top off with desiccated coconut, cocoa nibs and a drizzle of peanut butter.
- Serve in your favourite cup or jar.